Monday 1 April 2013

Memories of My College Days

Walking through the college corridor I felt someone is following me. But as far as I could see there is no one around. Its summer vacation and no one be there, other than an old security guard. After all who is gonna be here to follow me?


It’s nothing like before, felt unusually silent. It looks so empty. Was it like this at any time? 8yrs back when I was a student here. Never, it was always chirpy. Chit-Chatting friend circles and love birds sharing their adoration, it was always busy. I used to walk through this corridor, with my friends, sharing jokes and laughs.
A small wave of breeze touch my hair and flown away, reminding me of those beautiful days, wonderful memories. Sometimes we never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory. Today I am standing here with all those moments turned as memories.
I remember the first day I came here. It was a rainy day. I felt so chilly by each raindrops tipped on me. Even my heart felt the same. It was picture perfect. Walking through the soggy lawn, with my dad, I never knew this place is gonna change me forever. A change which was indispensable.
Sometimes I feel like I am still a college student, learning new concepts each and every day.
It was the first time, away from my home. Not only me, most of us. But we never felt far, we were like family. We spend our day and night together. Beautiful place. Daily boat ride from hostel to college. Endless break times in canteen and countless Gobi Manchurian we had. Single digit marks in internal exams and boring lectures. Feeling sleepy inside the class. Bits and chits winged above the heads. Xeroxing and collecting notes before exams and internal marks glitches. Making friendships and bunking classes. Escape from seminars and some warning letters we received.  Friends- family functions and quarterly study vacations. Those secret crushes and excitements. Boring Sundays in hostel. Haunting stories of revulsion and wardens midnight walk. Famished days, and plates of noodles prepared in candle light. Some fruitful and failed plans of day outs. Couple of movies we watched in theater.
Nothing is elapsed. I remember each and every moment; some fun-filled, some worries. Slowly I walked towards the library. It’s also closed. I really want to go inside and sit there for some time. It’s so funny I think, I never felt the same when I was studying. Library was always meant to be a place to discuss something, and so many times just an escape and sometimes just a waiting room. It was only the last minute of exams we went inside this room with bit seriousness.
It was a great experience here. Four years I learnt many things. Finally when the final year came, we friends all knew that we’ll be departing shortly. It was sad.
Everyone is busy now, gone to different fragments of life. No one escaped destiny’s plot.
Everything is fresh in mind. After college, life doesn’t take much time to change; everything ends up after taking last steps from collage gate to enter the real world. Wish life could rewind. Everything, just one more time.
Standing here today I feel it so void. But when I close my eyes, I can see everyone in that off white uniform. I can feel the fun we had. Like rewinding a movie in slow motion, I see everything in front of me.  
The same waft touched me again to wake me up from those memories. This time, like pat on my face. I looked around to see anyone there. But, no one insight. It’s just the big building and I alone with tranquility all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment