Thursday 3 March 2016

Onion Poha

Here I will tell you about this easy and healthy breakfast recipe.
This is one of the easiest breakfast recipes. But you have to believe me; I have spoiled this dish when I made it for the first time. I never knew how to prepare this and instead of poha it ended up as a gum like rice halwa…
I have tried this recipe only once before and it was a huge blunder. But few days before, I decided to give it a try again. It ended up pretty well and tasty.
Poha can be made with Onions and potato. I made it with Onion. With Onions and seasoning with Chilies, lemon and curry leaves make up a tasty and easy meal.

Onion Poha

Recipe: Break Fast
Preparation Time : 10min
Cooking Time : 20 Min
Serves: 2-3

Ingredients:

Poha/ Pressed Rice : 1 Cup
Oil: 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 Tsp
Black Gram/Urad Dal: 1 Tsp
Bengal Gram/Channa Dal: 1 Tsp
Onions Chopped: 1 Cup
Whole Red Chilies: 2-3
Lemon Juice: 1 Tbsp
Curry Leaves: 8-10
Salt to taste.


Method:

Step 1: Put Poha in a Colander and wash, not letting it soak too long in water. Leave it in the colander to drain out completely.
Step 2: Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, Bengal Gram, Black gram, curry Leaves and whole red chilies.
Step 3: When it get slightly roasted add onions and sauté well.
Step 4: sauté the onions until it slightly brownish.
Step 5: Now add Poha and salt and mix well.
Step 6: sauté everything till mixed and heated through.
Step 7: now switch off the stove and add the lemon juice.


Have your healthy and tasty breakfast with a happy face. J

No comments:

Post a Comment