Tuesday 23 June 2015

Weekend Stories


Monsoon has started everywhere, but Chennai you can't expect to have rain in early June. Here still sun is at its peak. Weekends can be spent only at some malls or beaches. We have not taken Adi to beach yet, so the other option is mall. There is a not so bad mall near to us and weekend was obviously about some window shopping there.

No, this weekend was not one like that. BS has decided to change his phone. That means, me spending time with Adi at some gadget’s shops... Believe me BS shops more time than me. Especially he is crazy about advanced mobile phones. Lucky or not so, my MLaw decided to come with us. So, it's about we two with Adi while BS selecting his new phone. He has already made his mind to get one iPhone, but he will go to all the other shops and make the agent to talk about advanced features of other phones. At last, will end up buying iPhone from an Apple Store. Anyway, he has given us a good idea to have a coffee from a restaurant while he does the purchase. My MLaw wanted to try some doses in these mall restaurants, so we opted one over a coffee shop. BS idea turned out not so good since we had to spend almost three hours inside the restaurant with a thirteen-month-old who is ready to explore anything on the table. Ours or nearby doesn't matter for him.
Waiter gave us a middle table first, but later we moved to a side table with cushion seats which will be easy for us to keep Adi sit for some time. Don't think he sat their silently, he is a one year old, just started walking. He tried all he could to go down. But we didn't allow him to and had him sit on the table with a spoon to make the table a drum. He got the entire restaurants attention. People enjoyed him very much. We sat there for three hours having just one coffee and a Masala Dosa. Two with a one-year old sitting in a six seat was too much while there was a queue waiting for a table.

Then this lady came with two men sat in our next seats. Like to everyone else Adi started showing his charm to them as well. As soon as this lady saw Adi, she fell in love with him. She wanted to take few of his pictures, and I didn't hesitate to allow. Then she requested to hold him. I thought Adi might not go but to my surprise he went with her since he saw the big phone she has in her hand. She was playing and enjoying with him all the time until her friends finished their coffee. I felt so happy that a stranger like her loved Adi from the first time they met. He is a kid everyone will love him for sure, but all might not show that love like she did. I didn't even ask her name, but I will never forget her face for sure. Not the love she showed to Adi. Wherever she is I thank her for that and wish we meet again.

After three hours or so, BS came back. And told he has not bought the phone yet and will go to the Apple Store. I told you....

Adi was so excited this weekend since his Achachan (my Dad) came to see him from Kerala. He was keep going behind him and showing him all the new-new things, he is exploring now days. He even went for walk holding Achachan hands.

My Dad came on Saturday morning. I and BS along with Adi went to pick him. Adi didn't sleep the previous day night and he was so tiered in the morning. At first when he saw his Achachan he just gave a vague smile and didn't go with him at all. I thought Adi is not recognizing him. While we were coming back home, he slept in the car nicely. After sleeping he becomes so fresh and from that time, he was with his Achachan. He was talking to him in his language and giving kisses, it was as he never forgot him at all. Then I realized one thing that my dad didn't even ask how am I. :). How these dad's and mom's changes when they get a grandson.

We spent the entire weekend together and I didn't want my dad to go back home at all. Not forgetting my mom here, I wish she was there with us. Since she had to take care of the house and some other work, she was not able to join my dad. I think she was jealous about my dad since he was gonna see Adi. :).... I hope she comes here next month. 

Weekend was so occupied, and I didn't realize it went just like that. Monday evening, he left back home and Adi said a tat ta and send him back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment