Saturday 9 March 2013

A Parrot, Inside Golden Nest


It’s a beautiful evening consecrated with a summer rain. The first drop of rain brings happiness in everyone’s faces.
I like when it rains, I can hear the raindrops. I can feel rain touching the trees, leaves, and sand. The smell of wet, the feeling is inexplicably beautiful.
Rain makes everything beautiful.
I wish I could fly out to the sky in rain. Open my wings and feel the touch of rain all over my body. But I cannot, I am a parrot, inside a golden nest, my wings are cut.
As long as I remember I am inside this nest. May be I am born inside this. But I have not been with my kind. I don’t know where my mom is?
Through the window next to my nest I can see the beauty outside, but there is a big wall stopping me sees the far. Not sure why these humans build wall everywhere.
It’s a small garden in front of the window, with lot of plants and trees. From here I can see them blossom, the aroma they give. Oh, the bud, leaf and the blossom, the trees giving shade, how beautiful they are! Sound of birds can always be heard beneath the trees. I hear them talking about the sky, sun rise and sunset, vast mountains, winter and spring. The wonder of nature, and the beauty it holds.
Sometimes I stare at the sky and wonder, how amazing will be the world outside the wall. Clear blue skies, early sunrise, water trickles in the stream and the meadow soaked in dew. Birds in the branches nest and the butterflies and bees waiting for the flowers to be at their best. Everything so green, so beautiful and fresh.  I wish I could sit on the bank of river, feeling the gently blowing breeze. See the sunset at the dawn of the day, shining moon and the stars in the night .The beauty of nature, Miracle wonders to see.
It is very sad to think that I will not see the nature and enjoy it. I will never be out of this golden nest. This is my home now. I have a family here, who loves me lot. I don’t speak to them, but parrot whatever they say. Every day they give me milk and seeds and a beautiful silk bed to sleep. They wake up and see me, and their faces will fill with bliss. They give me everything, and are very kind.
But they don’t remember that I meant to be free, and I want to fly. I have only this one life and I don’t want to be caged. I want to be free and dance in the wind, and float downstream till the current ends, and dip my wings in the orange sun rays. I don’t want to sit here till I die, never knowing how to fly.
I hope my wings to sprout, one day, when I grow older. So I can jump into the sky, fly round and all about. Spread my wings and glide through the clouds with all the other birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment